Host Gator

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Earnings summary for June 2014

**note to NSA/IRS snoops: This information is estimated and/or hypothetical. Final official documents  submitted (tax related or other) supersede anything posted here. **







"If you can make a heap of all your winnings
and risk it all on one turn of pitch and toss,
and lose and start again at your beginnings,
and never breath a word about your loss.."




The past couple years have shown me that I am an expert at accomplishing the first part of that stanza. Never breathing a word about it has proven much more difficult. Especially if you count profanities.




For the past couple years I have been working for myself in a couple of different enterprises. While there is nothing better than not having to work for "The Man", you still have to make money, and sadly my enterprises did not work out and It cost me quite a bit of money. I am super bummed to have lost so much ground in my quest for financial independence, and it's hard not to think about where I would be if I had just kept plugging along on the safe and boring route.

But far better is it to dare mighty things, or so they say. Luckily I have started a new job and I am determined to redouble my efforts to attain financial independence by forty years old. It may not be possible any more, but I am going to do my best to try to make it happen still.

As added motivation and accountability, I am going to start posting my monthly earnings and expenditures here on this blog.

Today will be earnings summary for the past month, and later I will post spending summary. 

So here are my earnings for the past month, with notes to follow:

ONLINE EARNINGS: $1,120.71
OTHER EARNINGS: $355.61
EMPLOYMENT EARNINGS: 1644.50
--------------------------------------------
TOTAL: $3,120.82


NOTES:

  • Some services such as adsense contain terms that do not allow you to say exactly how much you make, so I have lumped all the sources together. This category includes all my revenue from Adsense and any other online ads, Amazon affiliate sales, Buythermite.com net revenue, and eBay sales net revenue.

    This number is very low for me for all those put together. The crappy ironic part about my business ventures not working out is that, to add insult to injury, I was spending more time trying to make it profitable and less time working on my other online ventures which were already profitable. This caused my earnings from them to drop off a lot. I should be making about twice this much from all those sources combined, and I hope to be able to get back to that soon.
  • Other earnings include CC reward rebates, sale of some items from my business, a health insurance refund, a paid radio survey, and a couple other small things. 
  • Right now wt my new job I am on a temporary/ provisional basis. Sort of like a probational period. At some point within a few months I should be brought on as an official full-time employee, and my pay should increase slightly at that point. It will still not be very high though. After I pay off expenses incurred from my failed self-employment experiment I will have to look and see how my online ventures are doing at that point and see if it is worth still spending 8 hours a day working for somebody else, or if I can maybe go back to working for myself, only this time with exclusively online ventures.





    -The Money Monk
AKA - Double E 

2 comments:

  1. Mortgage Free Mike here. Congrats on the multiple streams of income. I have never come anywhere close to 1K in online earnings. Nice to see you posting again. Cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike, Thanks for stopping by! I have been following your blog for a while.

    Yeah the online stuff has been good to me the last few years, and i plan on focusing on that now and seeing if I can develop it to the point that I make enough to not only live off of, but enough to save a significant percentage of my income too.

    ReplyDelete